This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how Qhinetic Ventures (002665060-H) (“Qhinetic”) uses your Personal Data.
By engaging Qhinetic to provide services or by interacting with us either at our events, conferences, seminars, talks or otherwise, or by using the our website at www.qhinetic.com (“Website”) or our official social media networks, you consent to the processing of your Personal Data by Qhinetic and all persons involved in the provision of services by us.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. Qhinetic shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Website. By continuing to communicate with Qhinetic or by continuing to use Qhinetic’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
Collection of Personal Data
1. “Personal Data” means information about you which you have provided to Qhinetic, such as your name, address, telephone number, NRIC, email address, your personal preferences, particulars of your spouse or family members and bank account information and any information which may identify you, your spouse or family members that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by Qhinetic from time to time.
2. In addition to the Personal Data you provide to Qhinetic directly (i.e. during your communications with Qhinetic and/or when you engage Qhinetic to provide services), Qhinetic may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation at any events, conferences, seminars or talks organised or sponsored by Qhinetic and/or from the cookies used on the Website.
3. The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, Qhinetic may not be able to (i) communicate with you; (ii) provide you the services you require or (ii) access certain sections of the Website where log in is required.
4. If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, you may deactivate cookies.
Purposes of Processing
1. Qhinetic may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the services you have requested and for our business activities which shall include, without limitation:-
- to communicate with you;
- to respond to questions and comments from you;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- to provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements, including disclosure to the Unclaimed Money Management Division of the Accountant General’s Department of Malaysia of your information as required pursuant to the Unclaimed Moneys Act 1965 and regulations in the event of any unclaimed monies on your part;
- for Qhinetic to comply with its obligations under law, including compliance with laws relating to evidence;
and you agree and consent to Qhinetic using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
2. Qhinetic may also use and process your data for other purposes by way without limitation to e-mail or mail such as:-
- to send you materials such as newsletters, articles, write-ups as well as other updates;
- to distribute information or details of events, seminars, conferences and talks which may of interest to you;
- to send as potential referees to (i) editors/researchers in ranking legal publications and journals; (ii) potential clients who request for referees of past work in Requests for Proposals, tenders, submissions;
If you do not consent to Qhinetic processing your Personal Data for the purposes listed, please notify us by using the contact us form.
Transfer of Personal Data
1. As our information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdictions, your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. Further, your personal data may be transferred out of Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
1. Qhinetic may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on our behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to the third parties such as those listed below (not exhaustive):
- information technology (IT) service providers;
- data entry service providers;
- storage facility providers;
- banks and financial institutions;
- insurance providers;
- any professional advisors and external auditors;
- regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
1. Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may at any time hereafter request for access to, or for correction or rectification of your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data, or seek further information from Qhinetic by contacting us :
Qhinetic Ventures (002665060-H)
Suite #118, MBE PSS Mutiara Damansara, Lot PT40036, Jalan PJU 7/2,
47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan. Malaysia.
Tel: +6014 555-5888
2. In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Qhinetic has the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy.